6 Things I’ve Learned From 6 Months Blogging*
- Writing, and thinking, about the arts, culture, creativity and the value of it all has been more enjoyable than I even suspected. It’s brave to start, a force of will to continue, and doubtful to plan, a blog with a consistent publishing schedule about a topic you think you can cover well. I am proud of this statement of enjoyment in my work, confidence and inspiration to do better next time.
- I want to grow this blog but I will need your help! Contribute (for full credit and love!), subscribe, comment or email me on what you want to see here, what you don’t like, and who I should interview in the future. I will also try to answer any questions you have.
- I am touched by the awesomeness and encouragement of readers. Shout out to Matt Cummins, Just OK White Shark and REDMOONRABBITS for early comments and love.
- London is a fantastic place for this kind of thing.
- I use Morgue File and Flickr Creative Commons for excellent photos that are easy for bloggers to use
- Coin Phrases has reached an average of 4 (unique) readers a day. (And, I’ve earned 5p from ads!)
* I have actually run a personal blog for 3 years, before I set up this site specifically for arts-related topics.